The first quarter of the year is nearly done. Spring is right around the corner.
If you live in a land that experiences Winter you are likely counting down the days till warmer weather and sunshine. Here in Florida, the weather is still mild, but we are preparing for the long and hot days to come. For our Muslim friends – Ramadan is coming soon!
This seasonal shift toward Spring is a wonderful time for a check-in toward balanced life:
- Reflect on the intentions you started the year with:
- Do they still resonate with you?
- Are you keeping promises to yourself?
- Do these intentions need to shift now that you are a few months into the year?
- Check in on your space:
- Do you want to do a Spring clean?
- For those in the North, this may be a practical necessity – to clean out what has stagnated over Winter.
- For those in the South, Spring can still be a great time to assess what material things you are holding onto –
- what can you let go?
- Spend some time outdoors soaking in this liminal period:
- Notice the sounds you hear, human and otherwise.
- Notice what is growing.
- Take a mental snapshot of the natural world around you.
- What plans do you need to make for the rest of the year?
- Is it time to start acting on some of those plans?
- Fun plans and practical (think – vacations, doctor appointments, holiday plans)
- Research seasonal produce in your area and see if you can buy some:
- (Remember – frozen is a great option!) Eating with the seasons can help you to connect to the earth and to find balance through change.
- Have a conversation with someone about how you are experiencing this year so far:
- Sharing our experiences can be a balm for so much.
What do you love about Spring? Journal writing is a great introspective tool.