Personal Quotation and/or a Statement: “Healing happens by feeling and Shame dies when stories are told in safe places.”
I see my clients as the experts on their life experiences who are seeking guidance and support to address difficulties, understand phases of life transitions, and need a clinical expert to assist them in achieving their goals. My desire is to guide my clients into healing and wellness. I have a passion for working with children and adolescents and value being able to help individuals and families navigate these critical stages of growth and development.
I use an eclectic approach to treatment in that I pull from a variety of theoretical orientations and use a multitude of therapeutic interventions and strategies to build healthy and unconditional relationships with each individual, couple, or family system. I prefer to approach treatment through use of Adlerian, Rogerian, behavioral, and cognitive-behavioral therapies; but I also use motivational interviewing, applied behavioral analysis, and existential treatments as well. I have learned that treatment is most successful when clients are motivated for change.
I have been in the field of mental health for over a decade working in a variety of clinical settings with a vast array of populations. I use a culturally sensitive approach and welcome every individual who courageously enters treatment. I have received professional training in trauma-informed care and play therapy modalities. Lived experiences over the course of my life and professional career instills more passion and gratitude for the work I have been part of and a witness to in a wealth of clients addressing their trauma histories and events. I strive for creating a safe space for each client to genuinely be themselves while learning healthier ways of processing their lived experiences.
- Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in Applied Behavioral Analysis
License / Certifications
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor – LMHC MH18609
- Qualified Clinical Supervisor for Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern
Specialties and Training
- Child & Adolescent Therapy,
- Trauma Therapy (Certified Trauma Professional),
- Behavioral Therapy to address ADHD/ODD/Anxiety/Depression/Trauma
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapt (DBT)
- Motivational Interviewing in Clinical Practice
- Adults (19-65),
- Children (6-12),
- Teens (Adolescents – 13- 18)
- In-process Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Certified Trauma Professional
- Play Therapy Interventions
I enjoy spending time with my family & pets, traveling, and enjoying Florida’s beautiful beaches!