Annie Spackman is licensed psychotherapist who has been in clinical practice for 15 years. An Ivy League graduate, Annie graduated with her Master’s Degree from the University of Pennsylvania and received her undergraduate degree summa cum laude from Delaware State University. Annie has received various awards from her work with her clients and national awards for program development throughout the years of practice.
Through her work, Annie has been committed to helping people to overcome grief and loss, post-traumatic stress disorder, veteran’s issues, family dynamics, depression, anxiety, substance use disorder and situational stressors we all experience from time to time.
She believes that healing is a collaborative endeavor that requires a non-judgmental approach to assist people to reach their goals. She believes that change occurs when people are supported in drawing from their own strengths and realize their potential to live fulfilling and happy lives.
Annie and her husband live in the jungles of Costa Rica with their 4 beautiful dogs.
- American Board of Examiners in Clinical Social Work, Salem, Mass. United States
- National Association of Social Workers, Washington, DC United States
- Delaware Professional Regulation Social Work Clinical Licensure
- University of Pennsylvania, Master’s Degree in Social Work Magna Cum Laude
- Licensed Clinical Social Work
- Licensed Qualified Clinical Supervisor
Professional Memberships & Activities
- Ethics Consultation Committee Member 2010-present
- Social Work Service Award Committee 2010-present
- Social Work Committee Member 2010
- Vice President of the Board of Directors, Gateway House
- Systems Redesign Committee Member 2008
- Social Work Month Committee Chairperson- Ending Homelessness, 2008
- Public Relations Officer, Minority Student Union
- Red Cross Disaster Preparedness Training
- Department of Veterans Affairs Emergency Medical Response Training
- Women Saving the Planet 2010 Contribution
- Special Contribution Award for Service Above and Beyond the Call of Duty for development and implementation of successful recycling program 10/2008.
- Social Work Month Special Contribution Award, 2008
- Certificate of Appreciation for Chris Coons, Delaware Senator for Fight to End Homelessness seminar, 2008
- Performance Award for Development and Implementation of New Substance Abuse Treatment Model 2006
- Department of Veterans Affairs Employee of the Month for work at Homeless Stand Down in Philadelphia- December, 2006